Tuesday 16 January 2018

French Voltigeurs - 28mm Perry/Victrix

Some Skirmisher bases, added for General d'Armee rules. 12 Ligne, 6 Legere.
I painted these up in time for the game a couple of weeks ago, so here's some better pictures of them. 

These are Perry figures but some of the arms are added from Victrix French Infantry kits to increase variety.

I've gone with a clump of three figures on each base, as for past Skirmisher bases. The 50mm square bases help protect the muskets from damage in transport and play.

Ligne.





Legere.







18 comments:

  1. I recall rather liking the look of these fellows when I saw them a couple of weeks back. I seem to recall their being in 5-stand 'grandes bendees'. In my narrative I called the 3-stand chappies 'volyigeurs' and the light infantry in skirmish order 'chasseurs-a-pied'. The former could equally well, I think, be styled 'tirailleurs'.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Ion, yes in GDA each brigade/(division in our game), gets one skirmish base per unit. The skirmish bases are then combined into a "Brigade Skirmish Line", which effectively functions as another unit.

      Delete
  2. Very nice Mark. The two brands mix well don't they?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Mark, yes they are pleasingly compatible!

      Delete
  3. Excellent figures, Mark. The Voltigeurs are fun to paint.

    ReplyDelete
  4. These look fantastic Mark and I do think having them on the separate bases looks very effective on the field. For some reason I have steered clear of Victrix figures however may need to revisit their range.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Carlo, yes I've added more Victrix over time. The French non-guard kits are a bit fiddly but paint up very nicely.

      Delete
  5. Great looking figures, nicely painted as always!
    Best Iain

    ReplyDelete