Wednesday 31 August 2016

Austrian Uhlans - Perry 28mm

Austrian 1st Uhlans. These models are another relatively new release from Perry Miniatures.

I love the Austrian 1st Uhlan uniform. The yellow Czapka is really distinctive and definitely one of my favourite uniforms.

Flag pennants from Aldopho Ramos, though I had to lighten up the yellow with highlights as it was quite dark.


The cords also had a very fine black hatching in real life, but given scale of figures and typical viewing difference (and consideration of my sanity!), I decided that trying to represent this detail effectively would be more time and trouble than it was worth.

Perry also released an Austrian Uhlan variant with falling plume that I didn't know existed. Great to see these ranges being filled out with these variations.

That's the last of the Austrian reinforcements for the moment but longer term more are planned. On to some Young Guard and some more French Allies next.

28 comments:

  1. Great work with the brush on these guys Mark!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's some nice brushwork!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Niceuhlans. Very pretty uniforms and very nicely painted.
    Peter

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful colors and great job!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fantastic job on these Uhlans, Mark. I agree, it is one of my favorite Napoleonic uniforms. The other regiments with different czapska tops (red, green, and I think the short lived 4th regt was white) look nearly as impressive.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very colourful and bright - do like these guys and no mistake! I think the Saxe-Coburg-Saalfeld (a.k.a. Merveldt) Uhlans must be the most popular choice among war gamers - my own uhlan unit is the same, chosen for much the same reason. I have a feeling, though, that the white czapska of the 4th Kaiser Franz Uhlans would be just about as striking.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes I think your right Ion, and also about the 4th, cheers!

      Delete
  7. Fantastic job. Very colorful!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Fantastic work... only two regiments of these, I think, but the uniforms are irresistible! Bravo!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great looking uhlans, I always find yellow a pesky colour so even better as there's lots on these!
    Best Iain

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Many thanks Iain. Yes yellow is an annoying colour to paint alright!!

      Delete
  10. Wow they are some colourful peacocks. Lovely!

    ReplyDelete