Wednesday 26 July 2017

French Guard Artillery Limbers - 28mm Perry

French Guard limber teams this time. They crept into a frame or two in the previous battle report but here's some better photos of them!

These are six horse limbers, but as with my Austrian six horse limbers I've based the first team separately for flexibility. Great models, though the limber itself is somewhat lacking as described in my previous post on French Line Artillery Limbers.






And without the front team.

That's the last of my limbers done for now, 10 completed though another 6 are planned in time.
Right now I'm finishing off some Legere and then maybe Saxons or more cavalry will be next.

23 comments:

  1. Six horse limbers and teams in 28mm is really an impressive sight!
    Magnificent!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes they add something I think, thanks Jonathan!

      Delete
  2. Personally I hate doing limbers and teams but they always look impressive on the tabletop

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah they are definitely not my favourite thing to do, but feels good when they are done, cheers!

      Delete
  3. They really are stunning Mark!

    ReplyDelete
  4. They look marvelous, Mark. The painting is so crisp and the colors spot on, IMO. Basing is not lacking either. And to think most gamers skip these pieces too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Dean! Yes I skipped them for a few years too, glad to have them now though! :)

      Delete
  5. Lovely work on these, as always your colours pop!
    Best Iain

    ReplyDelete
  6. Excellent, I find the artillery teams and plumbers 1 of the hardest bits of our hobby and yet making it look easy Chasseur. Your flying through them!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha don't know about flying but after the first couple it certainly got easier. :) Thanks Paul!

      Delete
  7. Great stuff Mark. You have convinced me now that I HAVE to do the limbers for my Russians.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Pleased to hear it and look forward to seeing them! :)

      Delete