Sunday 10 March 2024

Saxon Chevauleger & Uhlans - Black Hussar 28mm

Saxon Light Cavalry, the Von Polenz Chevauleger, and Prinz Clemens Uhlans.  The Chevaulegers I posted a couple of years back, but the Uhlans are newly painted, so thought I'd take the oportunity to post both these units together. These are all from Black Hussar Miniatures.





Von Polenz Chevaulegers.






Prinz Clemenz Uhlans. Newly painted, with North Star metal lances and penants from Adolfo Ramos, except I had to repaint top half to the green from blue as this more obscure combo wasn't one he made at time of purchase.  Wasn't too sure of the green here but most notes I've seen have it fairly light in shade and this looks good so that's what I went with :)







These models are in campaign dress with Shako's covered, though fortunately the rest of the uniform makes up for that in terms of colour. Full dress has plumes etc as you'd expect. 


8 comments: